"The ICUSB232D 1 Port USB to Serial Adapter lets you add an RS232 DB9 serial port to your laptop or desktop computer through USB, so you can connect to, monitor and control a serial device. For easy connections, the adapter features a female USB type-B port, so you can choose the length of USB cable needed to reach your serial device (6ft / 1.8m USB A-B cable included). The USB to RS232 adapter is a convenient and cost-saving solution for providing legacy serial connectivity to devices such as point-of-sale terminals, serial modems, industrial equipment and a wide variety of other RS232 peripherals. The USB to serial converter is easy to install and offers broad operating system compatibility including Windows®, Mac OS® and Linux for easy integration into mixed environments, and offers support for transfer rates up to 128 Kbps. Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support."
- Provides USB to straight-through RS232 serial connectivity
- Detachable USB cable design (6ft / 1.8m USB A-B cable included)
- Supports baud rates up to 128Kbps
- Compatible with Windows, Mac OS and Linux platforms
- Compatible with USB 1.1 or higher ports
- USB-powered - no external power adapter required